If you’re moving, having the right boxes is the key to ensuring your stuff is moved safely and doesn’t get damaged. If it’s your first time moving or you haven’t shifted houses for a long time, you might be unsure how to pack your things properly.
Here are some tips for keeping the stuff in your boxes secure and ready to move.
Packing Boxes Tips
- Prepare your boxes. Before putting anything into them, you need to make sure you tape them well and secure the bottom so they will not break.
- Organize your things. Most people first think of what they are going to put in each box. You can organize things around the room in piles or sections to see which things are going into which box.
- Wrap fragile things. If you have something that can break, make sure you wrap it in cloth or bubble wrap to prevent it from cracking during the moving process.
- Don’t overpack. While you might be tempted to put things like books into one box for organizational purposes, this can make the box too heavy and impossible to lift. Consider packing some books with lighter items.
- Label everything. As soon as you close a box and tape it up, make sure to label it. You should also write “fragile” to remind you and others to lift it slowly.
- Use the right boxes. Get a variety of sizes to make moving and packing easy.
Other Tips for Getting Ready to Move Boxes
- Consider getting rid of items. Overpacking is one of the biggest mistakes people make when moving. You might have items you haven’t used in months or years. Instead of putting them away in boxes, consider donating the items you do not use.
- Pack early. Start packing as far in advance as possible to avoid being overwhelmed. You can start packing away the items you don’t use regularly first and leave the day-to-day items for last.
- Book services in advance. If you want to use a moving truck or company, make sure you reserve everything you need in advance.
For all your packing needs, contact AirPark Pak’ n ‘Ship today. We offer a variety of different shipping supplies so that you can move all your items safely. We also have a specialized customer service team to help you with all your packing or moving questions.